Our team journeyed out to Refilwe township in Cullinin, South Africa to officially hand over some of the domestic sewing machines and knitting machines that were previously been donated to the L.E.I Trust.
The Trust handed all these machines over to the sewing project that is going on in the township area of Refilwe, bringing the locals job skills development and community upliftment!
There was much joy and excitement in both the community and the house of God that day, as it gave hope for the people living in Refilwe that God hadn't forgotten them, and that other people actually do care about them!
L.E.I AIDS Trust donated that day:
- 6 hand held sewing machines
- 2 electrical sewing machines
- 1 electric industrial knitting machine
- 1 box of various patterns
- 2 full large sized rubbish bags of various sewing fabric to help them along with their project!
- Booklets explaining about HIV/AIDS
- Several sacks of Mealie meal also donated.
......We traveled back again to Refilwe at a later date and handed out a further:
- 6 electrical machines - NEW -
- 6 overlockers - NEW -
to help them further as they were making so much progress in teaching the ladies. The project is moving forward very positively.